- This event has passed.
November Concealed Carry Course
November 18, 2017 - November 19, 2017$150
This is a 2 day class structured to meet the state requirement for concealed carry licensing.
Day one is classroom instruction on law, firearms safety, methodology of self defense, etc.
Also on day one, some scenario training and the responsibilities of carrying a firearm will be covered.
Day 2 will be on our indoor range with drills on shot-placement, weak hand and strong hand techniques, and situational shooting.
Qualifications will also be shot on day 2.
Highlights of NM Concealed Carry Classes:
- Laws of NM Self Defense
- Situational Awareness
- Handgun function and nomenclature
- “Stand Your Ground” meaning in NM
- Definitions and restrictions of Concealed Carry Licensure
- Interactive discussion
How do I qualify?
Please review the following information from the New Mexico Department of Public Safety.
New Mexico Statutes Annotated (NMSA) Chapter 19 Concealed Handgun Carry 29-19-4. Applicant qualifications. (2005)
A. The department shall issue a concealed handgun license to an applicant who:
(1) is a resident of New Mexico or is a member of the armed forces whose permanent duty station is located in New Mexico or is a dependent of such a member;
(2) is twenty-one years of age or older;
(3) is not a fugitive from justice;
(4) has not been convicted of a felony in New Mexico or any other state or pursuant to the laws of the United States or any other jurisdiction;
(5) is not currently under indictment for a felony criminal offense in New Mexico or any other state or pursuant to the laws of the United States or any other jurisdiction;
(6) is not otherwise prohibited by federal law or the law of any other jurisdiction from purchasing or possessing a firearm;
(7) has not been adjudicated mentally incompetent or committed to a mental institution;
(8) is not addicted to alcohol or controlled substances; and
(9) has satisfactorily completed a firearms training course approved by the department for the category and the largest caliber of handgun that the applicant wants to be licensed to carry as a concealed handgun.
A person wishing to qualify for a license must prove proficiency with the handgun they desire to carry.
THIS IS NOT A BASIC HANDGUN CLASS! This class is not intended to teach the student how to shoot. You must be able to manipulate, load, and fire your handgun BEFORE taking this class!
You can carry a handgun in the caliber you qualify with OR SMALLER. For example: qualify with 45 caliber and you can carry 45, 40, 38, 357, 9mm 380, etc. Qualify with a 380 and you may only carry the 380 ,32, 25, or 22.
If you qualify with a semi-automatic you can only carry a semi-auto under the caliber restriction listed above. If you qualify with a revolver you may only carry a revolver under the caliber restrictions listed above. HOWEVER, you can qualify with both a pistol and revolver on the same day.
With either type of handgun, you are required to fire 15 rounds at 3 yards and 10 rounds at 7 yards for a total of 25 shots. You must hit inside of a 12″ x 18″ rectangle with 18 of the 25 shots to pass the qualification portion of the class and to get your certificate for the license.
All targets are provided, however, you will need to purchase or bring ammunition. 75 rounds will be sufficient for all your shooting practice and qualification needs.
Classes start at 9:00am sharp on Sat. and Sun. Please be prompt out of respect for your classmates. Cost is $150.00 per person for new applicants, or $75 per person for four year renewals. Payments must be made in advance, which will secure your seat in the class. We are unable to accommodate any day-of-class registrations.
Feel free to call us at 575-523-2424 with any questions that you may have. Please visit our retail store at 415B S Valley Dr to purchase a class.
- Stryker’s Shooting World
- (575) 523-2424